My favourite soundtrack


Hi guys.
Today I’m going to talk about soundtracks. It is impossible to choose only one. There have been incredible soundtrack composers, like James Horner, Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Silvestri… I could talk about all the soundtracks of this incredible composers, but I have chosen to talk about Stars wars, by John Williams. You will think that Star wars is one of the most famous soundtracks of the cinema history but I think this soundtrack has interesting things that can be surprising.

I will start with the composer, John Williams. Personally speaking I think he has composed the most known soundtracks: Harry Potter, E.T, Jurassic Park, Indiana Johns…, but, what you probably won’t know is that he has inspired in Erich Wolfgang Korngold, a XX century composer, to compose some of his soundtracks. If we listen to a Korngold’s symphony, we could perfectly think that it is a soundtrack of a science fiction film.
For example, the most famous part of the soundtrack of Star Wars is the opening of the film. Before you listen the late motive, there are a few notes that make this soundtrack epic and prepare the spectator to the main melody. The notes of this introduction were used by Korngold in his pieces. In addition, there are like a secondary melody in the bass that makes the theme similar to a military march, what also makes this theme so special and recognizable. This theme is memorable because when you hear it at the start of the film you know that you are going to whatch an epic war story.


In the other hand, Star wars soundtrack has a lot of memorable themes, not only one. For example, the imperial march, that makes that you also like the villain of the film, 

But I would underline another curiosity about this soundtrack is why it has changed the principal theme over the years. In the last film of the saga, we can hear the theme of the first  film, composed in 1977, but a little different: the chords have been changed. Specifically, the composer mixed the “force theme” with the main theme, both of them from the first film, and it really sounds epic, because it is the last film of the saga, you can hear the main theme, but different. When I discovered this, I got shocked.
     
Force theme 






Last film trailer:  the rise of skywalker 

Leaving Star wars soundtrack, I would like to talk about temp music. Temp music is when you edit a film and you take music from another movie and you used it temporarily in the cut. It is always supposed to be replaced by the composers’ original score. But sometimes, directors or producers tell the composer to imitate the temp. For example in the film Thor, the temp music was “ Einstein’s wrong”, from the film transformers.

To do this work, I also have talking with my family about soundtracks and they have told me their preferences.
My father’s favourite film is Pirates of the Caribbeanhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp0zwdlD0fY
My mother’s favourite film is Pearl Harbor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opP4PcZ7aN4
And finally, my brother’s favourite fil, is Harry Potter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi007IrGQZI


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

My silent movie